Northern Rivers Creative is calling out to artists for inclusion in an upcoming exhibition, 4’33, held at Elevator ARI.
The exhibition will open from August 13-27 and will feature up to 6 artists from the directory.
Inspired by the avant-garde composition by experimental composer John Cage, 4’33 aims to provide aesthetic permission and encouragement to go beyond the limitations of standard gallery walls and engage with the infinite possibilities of how art can meet its audience.
Applications with a creative response are encouraged from experimental or interdisciplinary artists who are expanding the edges of all art forms including visual arts, video, sculpture, performance, sound and design.
Exhibiting artists will receive a participation fee of $500 and a feature in digital and print marketing throughout the duration of the exhibition.
Applicants must have a published Northern Rivers Creative profile adhering to the directory’s eligibility requirements to be considered.
EOI’s close on Wednesday 13th July. To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following –
- 1 page CV
- short (up to 200 words) conceptual response to exhibition theme
- images and details of existing / proposed works
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants must have a published Northern Rivers Creative profile adhering to the directory’s eligibility requirements to be considered.
- Applications are considered on artist statements/responses to the exhibition theme, merit, support images and text.
- The exhibition will be curated by Creative Producer, Ingrid Wilson.
- The applicant grants Arts Northern Rivers and Northern Rivers Creative the rights to reproduce the artworks, publish the artworks or communicate the artworks to the public for the purpose of publicity and production of any promotional material, including hard copy printed material, website and social media platforms and other hard copy and online opportunities.
- The applicant warrants that the applicant/s is/are the owner/s of all copyright in the artworks or has obtained the necessary permissions for the use of the artworks under this EOI.
- Exhibiting artists are responsible for the delivery of the work by August 10th to Elevator ARI in Lismore, and for the collection of their work on August 28.
- Elevator ARI and Northern Rivers Creative will exercise all reasonable care with exhibited works but will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any work exhibited. It is recommended that exhibitors have insurance.